Our client a pharmaceutical company in Lagos is currently in need of a senior chemical analyst.
The Senior Chemical Analyst reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- To develop or verify methods for the testing of incoming materials and developing methods for intermediates and products manufactured using these materials.
- Carry out analysis to GMP standards and monitor the levels of compliance within the Laboratory.
- Maintain records of all analytical work carried out on incoming materials, intermediates and products.
- Monitor the systems in place within the laboratory to ensure that procedures are being followed.
- Review analytical documentation that has been generated.
- Report and investigate incidents of out of specifications results within the Laboratory, advise and assist staff in troubleshooting methods, and review new methods with respect to their application within the Laboratory.
- Using a range of software, techniques and equipment to carry out research and analysis.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Making sure that data is accurately recorded in accordance with guidelines.
- Reporting and presenting results.
- Keeping up to date with scientific and technical developments.
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Preparing product license documentation.
- Ensure the cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and the laboratory environment.
The Senior Chemical Analyst must have at least a good honours degree (typically a 2.1 or above) in chemistry, applied/analytical chemistry.
- At least five (5) years Practical research/laboratory work experience.
- Previous GMP experience
- . Previous lab experience – must have previous lab experience that has familiarized him or her with laboratory settings. He or She must know how to clearly communicate to scientists and other analysts because of this experience.
- Knowledge of lab procedures – must know how laboratories work and understand all related safety procedures. He or She must know when to stop an experiment and how to pick it back up the next day without losing progress.
- Project management – must be skilled in project and time management and know how to manage deadlines and collaborate with different teams. The Individual should be able to determine the end objective and understand what needs to be done to accomplish it.
- Analytical thinking – should be able to approach problems with an analytical line of thinking.
- Attention to detail – must be able to pay close attention to details and spot seemingly minor occurrences and recognize how they affect the whole research process.
- Supervisory/management experience
- Excellent communication skills
Applications can be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com