Our client in the pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry is currently in need of a plant engineer who is career-driven, have strong leadership skills, and a depth of experience in driving strong pharmaceutical plant engineering and maintenance teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- For the successful implementation of highly technical or involved engineering projects in the creation and development of automatic, semi-automatic and manually controlled production machines, auxiliary equipment, or other items presenting new or constantly changing problems of materials, customer requirements and product uses.
- Developing and managing the site’s Capital Projects plan and budget
- Directing and prioritizing the activities of direct staff while managing overall responsibility for activities of project engineers and technical support personnel.
- Coordinating process improvement efforts with plant leadership
- Prioritizing engineering projects and assignments for completion by the appropriate engineering personnel.
- Establishing engineering networks with other facilities, OEM, R&D, Marketing, and Corporate Engineering functions for new product implementation.
- Establishing systems to document and maintain process validation and drawing compliance.
- Managing engineering team direct reports and their subordinates.
- Overseeing acquisition, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposition of building systems, production equipment.]
- Managing the finances of the engineering function, analyzes financial information, prepares and manages operating and capital budgets, and monitors revenues and expenditures to contain costs.
- Working with all departments within the facility to assure that inventory, budget, and Plant financial goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Working to assure Quality Assurance requirements and regulatory compliance are maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; acceptable disciplines would be mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or industrial engineering
- 8+ years experience in either pharmaceutical manufacturing company
- 5+ years progressive management experience including leading an engineering or maintenance team
- Knowledge of all phases of project management including architecture and design, electrical, mechanical, structural, telecommunications, life safety for capital equipment, line extensions and process product development.
- Experience with plant systems typically found in pharmaceutical GMP production, including clean steam, Wifi
- Must also have thorough knowledge in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, and Industrial Engineering, Technical Management, Project Management, and Operations/Production.
- Working knowledge of Machine Controls, Drafting, Budgeting, Costing, Financial Systems, Communication, Development and GMP, Quality System Regulation, and ISO Requirements.
- Knowledge of inventory and purchasing Systems.
- Direct validation experience
- Six Sigma/Lean certification strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership skills and a track record of developing subordinates
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and electronic
Applications can be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com
Closing date January 21st 2021