- The Human Resource Officer is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level.
- The duties include: talent management, compensation and benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies & procedures manual.
- Develop and implement monthly and quarterly departmental goals indicating individual KPI’s and performance plans in line with the overall mission, vision and goals of the organisation.
- Acquire and manage talent through proper recruitment and selection to the on boarding process for all levels in the organisation.
- Perform compensation and benefits administration,including claims resolution, change reporting, loan claims and administration, leave application process and revises as necessary.
- Facilitate the performance appraisal process and provide the necessary feedback (coaching, pep talk,job enrichment, training, promotion, demotion, termination) for every staff of the organisation.
- Improve Manager and employee performance by managing conflict, counselling, coaching and exit interviewing
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of every department and services performed.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- 0-2 years prior experience as an HR assistant or executive
- Minimum of B.Sc /B.A in Human Resource Management or any related Management course
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organise allocated work activities, work to tight deadlines and assist in the effective organisation of task and events.
- Proven practical experience in the use of Office Suite
- Ability to think logically and solve problems occurring within normal work routine
- Ability to interact with others and build relationships
- High accuracy in record keeping and documentation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Proficient in use of recruitment and HR software systems
- Willingness to support and assist other team members when required
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email