Our client, a manufacturing pharmaceutical company is currently in need of a finance manager to manage all cash flows into and out of a company and ensure that there are enough funds available to meet the day-to-day running of the company. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with relevant department to prepare the company’s budgets and forecasts and also give feedback with regards to the financial standing of the company.
The Finance/Account Manager will be responsible for:
- the effective running of day-to-day activities of the Accounts department
- Previous work experience as a Finance manager in a pharmaceutical company is key to this role
- Managing and overseeing the company’s financial systems (SAP ERP system).
- Managing the financial reporting for the organization. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, 5-year financial plans and all statutory financial reporting
- Providing sound financial support and insights to enable the organization to make critical business decisions
- Presentation of financial results and insights to the CEO/CFO
- Playing a key role in the formulation of the business’s strategy
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organization and liaising with the external tax firm for specialist advice
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls including foreign currency transactions
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organization is compliant with accounting standards
- Managing and overseeing the company’s banking and borrowing arrangements
- Presenting results to non-finance people to understand
- Overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions.
- Risk Management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place
- Overseeing commercial decision making from tender analysis, margin analysis, pricing analysis etc.
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations to the organization
- Managing and tracking budget and accounting information including billing, collections, and tax information
- Reviewing all formal finance policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (MBA preferred)
- Professional accounting qualification such as ICAN, ACCA, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position in a manufacturing firm, with a proven record of success
- Sound decision making skills based on accurate and timely analyses
- Results oriented and metrics driven
- Exceptional time management and able to solve problems
- Ability to collaborate with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software
Applications can be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com
Closing date January 31,2021