||Our Client a Group of companies with diversified operations in chains of retail outlets basically with interest in high quality unprocessed food items.
Our Client needs an experienced operations team lead for the retail division of her Food and Produce segment.
The successful candidate will ultimate be responsibility for safeguarding the financial success of the operations of this division of the company.
The role has a strong service element; such that the candidate will be ensuring that the outlet delivers high-quality fresh and processed food, good customer service as well as undertake activities common to business by overseeing:
· human resources
You will be responsible for operational, financial and people management. You’ll need to:
- organize stock and equipment, order supplies and oversee building maintenance, cleanliness and security
- plan and work to budgets, maximize profits and achieve sales targets set by head office
- control takings in the outlet and administer payrolls
- recruit new staff, and train and develop existing staff
- coordinate staff scheduling, motivate and encourage staff to achieve targets
- ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
- ensure high standards of customer service are maintained
- implement and instill in your team company policies, procedures and ethics
- handle customer complaints and queries
- implement branded promotional campaigns from head office, including the handling of point-of-sale promotional materials, or devise your own promotional campaigns
- prepare reports and other performance analysis documentation
- report to, and attend regular meetings of your operations
- establish relationships with the local community and undertake activities that comply with the company’s corporate social responsibility programs.
What to expect
- The environment is fast paced, with an emphasis on delivering good customer service in a limited time frame. You may spend a lot of time ‘walking the floor’, moving around on foot or standing. The work can therefore be both physically and mentally demanding.
- You will usually wear a company uniform and dress in accordance with appropriate health and safety requirements associated with food preparation.
· A BSc in Food Science or any food related field
· A food creative person that is interested in food business
· At least 7 years post NYSC experience
· At least 3 years in supermarket experience with exposure to all aspects of running a supermarket comprising of dry foods, butchery, fruits & vegetables, storage, cold chain management and hygiene in food and meat preparation.
· Basic IT skills
· Good managerial skills
· A minimum of 10 years post NYSC
· Experience in food and catering will be an added advantage
· Previous roles of middle or senior management in food retail or supermarket management will be an added advantage.
· Training and knowledge of commercial food preparation, storage and hygiene regulations will be an added advantage.
You’ll need to have:
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- The ability to lead and motivate teams and influence people
- Self-motivation and ambition
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiasm and the ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational skills
- Energy and stamina, as well as resilience
- A results-driven approach to work
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Qualified candidates should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org