Our client , a manufacturing company with factories outside lagos is currently in need of a Transport/Logistic Manager who will be responsible for managing the overall dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning and supervising the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Tracking orders using functional systems (e.g. barcodes and tracking software)
- Coordinating with Warehouse workers to ensure proper storage and distribution of products
- Monitoring and report on transportation costs
- Ensuring shipping documents are properly filed
- Reporting maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Researching and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Conducting regular safety audits on equipment
- Organizing training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of machines and handling of hazardous material)
- Keeping organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Ensure Compliance with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5years experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Experience working with transport management systems and warehouse management software.
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.