We are currently recruiting for our client, an Audit firm for the role of a senior Audit officer to help lead the auditing processes in the accounts department ensuring they are functioning with accuracy and compliance.
Location: Lagos (Ogba)
- Lead planned audits into the company, including organizing teams, inspecting accounts, checking compliance with applicable laws, detecting ineffective or inefficient practices and verifying financial records.
- Identify risk matters to the business; understand the commercial objectives of the business and the impact of internal audit.
- Organize and present meaningfully detailed reports to communicate the results of an audit to company management
- Supplement written reports with suggestions for changes in policy
- Communicate with other departments to verify records and confirm company policies
- Evaluate company inventory, records, worker statements, assets, payrolls, cash on hand, insurance, tax statements and annuities, and use the information to guide financial policy
- Decide whether the company’s financial actions and policies reflect its intentions, and make judgment calls to improve the company’s trajectory if need be
- Research federal and state financial laws and examine the company’s books to ensure compliance, and inform management immediately if there is a discrepancy
- Review past data, stay informed about new developments and be prepared to integrate changing books into a current policy.
- Use best practice to conduct high quality Audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant subject.
- Professional certification like ICAN is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience as an auditor in an audit firm
- Strong knowledge of auditing practices and control practices.
- Strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in place.
- Excellent aptitude for mathematics, problem solving and analysis.
- Keen attention to details.
- Excellent command of accounting & auditing software
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software programme
Application should be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com
Note: only qualified candidates should apply