Our client is a leading multinational cement manufacturing company.
Department: Quality Control
Job Location: Lagos State.
• Demonstrates visible leadership and role modeling in Health & Safety (H&S) and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I). More specifically, promoting H&S and D&I actions/behaviours within the function will be key, as well as fostering their integration in all programs, activities and documents developed by the department
• To manage effectively concrete quality procedures and analyses of QC Results, implement quality manual, cost savings and concrete performance, innovative mix designs and raw materials selection; and management of product related customer claims
Duties & Responsibilities;
Health & Safety:
• Ensures that all equipment and processes meet the organization’s Safety road map and guidelines.
• Actively engages with the workforce to reinforce safety behaviour on all A&C plants Job sites with VFL visit to plants and/or offices at least once a month to asses H&S compliance, with documented visit report.
• Select the champion at least 1 important A&C safety action items, in consultation with A&C H, S&E Manager and Head A&C.
Optimization of Mix Design and Raw Materials Cost:
• Select, characterize and validate raw material sourcing.
• Prepare mix designs according to specifications and standards.
• Responsible for implementation of supplier raw material agreement.
• Responsible for implementation and correct use of IT Programs.
Quality control Raw materials and designs of new mixes.
Management of concrete test results.
Management of mix designs database.
Management of product Development and Technical Assistance to Customers; in coordination with Area Manager & Sales Representative:
• Technical support to sales team and site assistance and follow up on customer complaints.
• Minimizes consequences and contributes to management of product related customer claims.
• Technical support in the development and management of Value Added Products.
Implementation and Management of Quality Policy:
• Ensures compliance to technical certification and regulatory environment.
• Implements quality manual and quality procedures.
• Analyses QC Results and track KPI’s for concrete and raw materials to implement corrective measures.
• Raw material management monitoring, from sale to consumption.
• Drawing up and keeping monthly raw material and liquid fuel stock control report.
• Follow up on all plant benchmark and take actions.
• Statistical studies of produced and delivered Ready-mix concrete.
Long Term Goals:
• Maintain cost of mix design at optimal level, with good quality and highest customer satisfaction.
• High level of VAP (Range and volumes) produced in the area with high consistency and the lowest cost possible.
Leaning and Development:
• Ensure necessary of competency of direct reports.
• Ensure that Quality Control organization and processes are fully aligned with evolution of the business.
• Develop and agree training & Development plan for A&C Quality Control Staff.
Essential & Desirable Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Chemical Engineering
• Master’s degree is an added advantage
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years of professional experience, 5 of which should be at senior managerial level within a similar environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong Technical and operational skills are critical in this position
• Strong analytical skills
• Contract administration
• Strategic planning
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of people management
• Excellent IT skills (Proficiency with MS Office packages)
• Strong commercial Skills
• Result oriented with ability to manage a relatively young and inexperienced management team
• A balanced person with good interpersonal and communication skills
• Achievement oriented
• Analytical thinking
• Strong integrity
• Customer service oriented
• Ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple deadlines
• Results oriented
• High integrity
• Good leadership quality
• Pro-active decision making
• Ability to persuade and convince
• Effective time management skills
• High administrative competence
• Proficiency in English, both verbal & written
• Frequent travel within Nigeria required
Proposed salary & Application:
- Between N7,000, 000.00 – N9,000,000.00 gross annual salary.
- Experienced applicants should forward updated CVs below