A consulting firm is in need of an experienced bookkeeper who will also manage the company’s operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff. The ideal applicants MUST have worked in the capacity of an Office Manager and a Book keeper.
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State.
Report To: Managing Consultant.
• Order and maintain stationery and equipment supplies
• Provide administrative and book-keeping support for the entire office
• Plan, organize, and manage projects, and contribute to team work
• Record office expenditure and manage the budget
• Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
• Assist with events and receptions by coordinating RSVPs, name tags , and varying event support
• Organise and chair meetings with members of staff
• Filing and retrieving corporate documents, records, and reports
• Reviewing operating practices and procedures to determine if improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures
• Manage Accounts Payable and Receivables; prepare invoices
• Manage the office Petty Cash and other accounting records
• Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and the posting transactions
• Maintain the general ledger by transferring account summaries
• Balance the general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
• Work with external accountant and auditors
• Process payroll, pension and taxes
• Prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances
• process dues, fees, payments, bank statement and ledgers
• Supervise all members of staff
• Promote staff development and training
• Assist with integration of new hires and completion of their paperwork
• Carry out staff appraisals, manage performance and disciplining staff
• Delegate work to staff and managing their workload and output
• Track HR- related data, i.e. annual leave, sick leave, evaluations etc.
• Maintain HR file and send appropriate information as necessary to the Managing Consultant
Education & Competencies Required:
• Supervisory/People management skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self motivated and quality oriented skills; able to set priorities and multi-task, work independently, attention to detail and be part of the team.
• Able to manage the office of about 1- 12 employees.
• Ability to train internal and external clients will be an added advantage
• Able to use Ms Office (minimum of Excel /spreadsheet, Word & PowerPoint)
• A minimum of 4-5 years book keeping/office manager experience.
• A Bachelor/ HND Degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR or related filed.
Other duties may be assigned to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the office from time to time.
Proposed salary & How to apply:
• N120, 000 – N150, 000/m (negotiable, based on experience).
• ONLY CANDIDATES IN THE CAPACITY OF AN OFFICE MANAGER/BOOK KEEPER SHOULD PLEASE APPLY. Forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘Off Mgt’ as the subject of mail before 18th June, 2017. Qualified candidates will be contacted.