Our Client, a manufacturing company is currently in need of an import officer to manage data for international shipments and provide support for many steps of the transportation process.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries.
- Preparation of PO as per Import Requirement.
- Checking of PFI to be in line with Form M and PO.
- Application of Import Permit, Son Activation, Form M Application and LC Application and LC Amendment.
- Co-ordination of all Form M activities, Online registration and monitoring.
- Liaise with supplier on shipment schedules
- Follow up with supplier on copy documents
- Checking of copy docs/ post shipment docs that are in line with Form M and LC.
- Applying for PAAR and liaise with banks for approvals and follow up on original shipping docs
- Liaise with shipping Line for Import and Demurrage Invoices.
- Liaise with Agents on Clearance of containers, return of containers and exchange control docs.
- Preparation of Exchange Control docs for Banks & Demurrage calculation & settlement of Clearing Agent Invoice.
- Checking of all import related expenses, son, shipping terminal and etc.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Tariff codes.
- Co-ordination and liaising with NAFDAC for all shipping procedures.
- Monitoring of Shipment from source to final Destination
- Good Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Reference in Shipping Line and Terminals, SON and NAFDAC will be added advantage.
- Preparation of Proforma Invoice
- Apply NXP online and liaise with Banks for approvals
- Preparation of Pre Shipment and post shipment docs
- liaise with shipping lines for freights and Shipping booking, Vessel Schedules
- Follow up with Agent for Gate in of containers
- Filling of Shipping Instructions before SI cutoffs in coordination with supplier
- Checking of Terminal Charges, shipping charges and Freight invoices.
- Preparation and Submitting of docs as per NEPC
- Minimum of a first degree in any related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant working experience as an import officer in a manufacturing company.
- Good managerial skills.
- Knowledge of import duties
- Must be computer literate
- Must possess a high negotiation skills
- Must be highly resourceful and result oriented.
Applications can be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com
Closing date: March 30th 2021