BudgIT is a creative start-up driven to retell the West African budget and public data in a finer detail across every literacy span. We aim to stimulate citizens interests around public data and hence trigger discussions towards better governance.
The Head of Finance is a member of the executive management team with a leadership role in the organization’s financial decision-making.
S/he manages all aspects of financial risk; develops and implements financial systems; manages relationships with donors on all finance-related matters; ensures compliance with regulatory and donor requirements; and ensures a sustained financial health of the organization.
Key working relationships
Key working relationships will include: Directors, Principal Lead, program teams, finance team, regulatory agencies, financial institutions, and donors.
Strategic Financial Planning and Analysis
- Serve as a key member of the executive management team and participate in organizational decisions that contribute to the implementation of its strategic vision and sustainability.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with respect to organizational goals, budgets and forecasts, and provide analysis as required.
- Create yearly financial objectives with the executive team that align with the organization’s strategies and current and projected grant portfolio.
- Develop annual revenue projections and organizational budget, monitor and make recommendations for adjustments throughout the year.
- Oversee investment of private funds to maximize returns at an acceptable risk level.
- Contributes strategically to grant proposal writing on finance-related aspects.
Accounting and Financial Management
- Ensure the effective and transparent use of financial resources in compliance with BudgIT’s and donor policies and procedures.
- Manage overall financial operations to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and compliance with regulatory and donor requirements
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee and maintain good working relationships with regulatory agencies and financial institutions.
- Provide standard accounting reports, including general ledger files, account and bank reconciliations, program costs, grant reporting, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Enhance and implement financial systems, procedures, and tools.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to members of the Finance Department to build a world-class financial system.
- Participates in top-level strategic planning sessions, while providing assistance to program leads and executive management in development of annual budgets.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance-related field.
- ACA or ACCA qualification is compulsory.
- At least 7 years’ progressive experience in accounting or finance, which must include supervisory experience.
- NGO-related experience in the Finance department with a reputable non-governmental organization or donor agency is an added advantage.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience of accounting software, especially Quick books.
- Experience working on private and multilateral donor funds and large budgets.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.,
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Mature and professional demeanor with strong executive presence.
- Ability to collaborate and interface with stakeholders at various levels.
- Self starter who can work with own initiative with limited supervision.
- Previous experience in building or enhancing NGOs financial management capacity.
- Strong awareness of national issues.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
BudgIT is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including world-class training opportunities, health insurance, Group Life insurance, and End-of-Year bonus.
Deadline: Jun 18, 2020
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.