Head, Legal Services is needed by an Automobile company in Lagos needed Head, Legal Services .The legal role will provide quality, commercially astute and timely legal advice to support and facilitate the activities of the company and its strategic direction.
- Work as part of a team, to ensure the highest level of corporate governance
- Draft, review and amend commercial contracts to protect the company from exposure to risk and ensure that documents are consistent with the company’s standards and in line with its strategic direction.
- Draft submissions, briefing notes and correspondence on matters across a broad range of areas
- Prepare reports, submissions, responses and correspondence on legal and policy issues and in relation to the company’s compliance obligations.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, information and changes, status reports and other documents.
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensure decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members of the legal, governance and related matters.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Coordinate matters arising from due diligence exercises and work as part of a team to ensure conditions precedent are attained.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Coordinate contractual agreements with employees, suppliers, customers, etc
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB, BL)
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- 10 years experience is required. A minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- Masters degree in Law is an added advantage
- Good understanding of general and specific company and commercial law
- Excellent communication skills
Please apply below