LOCATION: SANGO OTTA
FURNITURE PRODUCTION MACHINIST
Who will be responsible for maximizing efficiency through the process of set-ups and operations of three or more various automatic machines for the manufacture of all types of parts for new or revised products in accordance with product specifications and standard.
- Performs sets up and operates three or more automatic equipment to produce machine parts according to specifications.
- Studies blueprints sketches, drawings manuals specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes on-going machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications.
- Prepares and verifies production machine operations on trial run to ensure accuracy of machine settings.
- Selects tooling and fixtures pertaining to the production operation of various types of automatics.
- Checks tooling and reworks as needed to keep machine running.
- Inspects parts for quality and appropriate tolerance using measuring tools such as micrometers calipers and comparators.
- Calculates and determines proper feed and speed combinations.
- Records the piece count and run time of the production times.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Checks parts for conformance to specifications using micrometers calipers and gauges and perform SPC
- Recognizes and remedies minor machine malfunctioning or cutting action of tools. Major discrepancies are reported to lead or supervisor.
- Complete basic to moderate rebuilding machine tools and equipment.
- Provide necessary information to Manufacturing team Engineering Team or others to document procedures and drawings.
- Identifies disassembles and determines corrective action required to repair work or broken parts.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms machines and equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Assists less-skilled operators to develop skills and set-ups.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works directly with all levels in the organization including management/supervision on continuous improvement efforts regarding machines components and manufacturing systems.
- Works under general supervision with a certain degree of latitude as required.
- Required to bring any known or suspected nonconformance for all company procedures or legal requirements to management’s attention immediately.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets measuring progress and reporting our results.
- Works under recommended waste elimination initiatives specifically related to the manufacturing production function such as recycling opportunities to elimination or minimize production waste.
- Performs a variety of other related duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess technical skills
- Diploma or trade test certification in Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 (Two) years minimum professional experience in related positions
Applications should be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com