- An Oil and Gas (E&P) company is currently hiring a Senior Project Accountant.Reports to: Project Accounting Mgr
Technical Staff and Contractors
Government officialsJob Purpose: To assist the Project Accounting Manager in Budgeting, Cost Control, Cost monitoring and Cost reporting
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Prepare and ensure monthly recognition of crude revenue.
- – Compute and ensure recognition of monthly royalty payable on production.
- – Review of all requisitions in the system, orders and direct invoices to confirm accuracy and ensure that transactions are recorded accurately for production operations and non-operated assets.
- – Ensure the detailed operating cost vs budget report with comments on variances is prepared monthly for all assets and discussed with the Project Accounting Manager.
- – Ensure the detailed operating cost forecast is prepared monthly for the Asset
- – Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the financial reports for Asset monthly. \
- – Analyze and ensure that monthly project accruals for operating expenditure and non-operated assets are properly book
- – Compile and produce input for monthly project reports and management accounts reporting.
- – Carry out reconciliation of cash call payments by JV Partners and review cash call requests of the Asset for reasonableness.
- – Review bank statements of the Asset, ensure prompt cash call payments by JV partner, follow-up JV partner on delay cash call payment and carry-out reasonableness check of payments made out of the JV bank accounts.
- – Review billing statements and working capital statement of the Asset for reasonableness and accuracy.
- – Book billing statement of the Asset promptly and accurately.
- – Follow-up with JV partner and ensure prompt closure of all outstanding accounting issues for the Asset
- – Work closely with the operator of non-operated assets to ensure timely and accurate availability of accounting information on the projects.
- – Ensure prompt review and timely submission of all reports on the monthly deliverables time-table.
- – Prepare monthly balance-sheet schedule for the Asset
- – Perform other adhoc analyses and reporting roles as may be designated by the Project Accounting Manager from time to time
Professional qualification (ICAN, ACCA), knowledge of upstream oil & gas project accounting required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– A minimum of 5 years cognate post graduation accounting experience.
– Must have big picture mentality required to see financial issues in broader and commercial context
– Must be a skilled relationship builder with people focus and be successful at leading teams
– Must have solid technical accounting experience
– Deliver organisation wide improvements through building trust and rapport with cross functional management teams and in particular asset managers/budget holders in Lagos office
– Problem identifier and problem solver
– Ability to challenge budget and cost control in a positive manner
– Self starter and self motivated and looking at how best to do things moving forward as opposed to just following how things have been done before
– Ability to take decisions and able to make judgement calls on when senior colleagues need to be consulted, by recognising the sensitivity of matters/situations especially with dealings JV Partners.
Applicants should please send cv to email@example.com and also Upload CV and Cover Letter below