Our Client a leading Insurance Company with head office in Lagos and a well-spread branch network across Nigeria is currently in need of a result oriented top-drawer executive to join its Management team in the capacity of Managing Director/CEO. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing short, medium and long-term strategies that will ensure the continued growth and profitability of the company.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Championing the formulation of the company’s strategies and ensure implementation.
- Be the Chief Marketing Officer of the company
- Serving as a key brand icon for the company, creating a niche for it in the insurance sector and consistently reinforcing and promoting the corporate brand value and identity.
- Leading the overall business development efforts (including deal sourcing and origination) to ensure the realization of the company’s growth aspirations.
- Developing and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, business partners and lead the development of relevant strategic alliances.
- Managing the assets, liabilities and human capital of the Company.
- Driving the development of annual operating plans including business plans, operational requirements, staffing and budgets to ensure business continuity.
- Taking full ownership of the company’s financial performance, investments, other business ventures as well as provides periodic update on it to the Board.
- Leading the design of the strategic plan, business plan and other relevant documents.
- Periodically, generate progress reports indicating extent of achievement of targets.
- Ensuring the company complies with the regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business initiatives through cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
- Maintain business profitability and ensure compliance with all regulatory directives and NAICOM guidelines.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of other Executives/Managers while providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- A recognized professional qualification in Insurance (e.g. ACIIN) with not less than 10 years post qualification experience in the Insurance Industry, 7 of which must be at Senior Management Level. Alternatively, a first degree or its equivalent from a recognized Institution with not less than 15 years of post-qualification experience, 10 of which must be at a Senior Management Level in the technical department of an Insurance.
- Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills in the context of insurance business.
- Sound knowledge of regional and global trends in the insurance industry as well as an understanding of the key macroeconomic drivers is an added advantage,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, marketing, planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate Governance and management best practices
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- High level strategic thinking and networking capabilities
- Proficiency in the use of modern day technology-based service delivery tools.
Applications can be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com
Closing Date: March 2nd 2021