Our client, a reputable law firm on the island is looking to recruit a Practice Manager with experience in a partnership law firm. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the law firm’s day to day running, human resources and administration, financial and systems management.
Job Location: Lagos Island (The ideal candidate MUST have worked in a partnership law firm).
• Pursuing day-to-day management.
• Developing the organizational traditions, work surroundings and facilitating communication.
• Supervise company’s day to day operations and facility management.
• Develops business development strategies including strategic, tactical planning and quality control.
• Designs and implements workplace procedures; manages practice and department budgets
• Oversees daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling, billing procedures, debt collections, cleaning, security, and occupational health and safety
• Responsible for the recruitment and selection of new hires, training and development, employee relations, counseling, personnel data systems, benefits administration and other HR functions for the legal, paralegal and support staff.
• Responsible for practice management including Lawyer recruiting, Legal Assistant supervision, implementing professional standards and other practice management functions.
• Accountable for information and details sharing within the law firm.
• Receives information and details from employees and communicates it at meetings.
• Sends email correspondences to senior partners within the organization to provide information and updates regarding the practice
• Communicates and collaborates with inside and outside stakeholders, which include suppliers, staff, and vendors.
• Collecting information and details which could help the firm in day-to- day and company-wide decision-making benefits the practice
• Communicate and implement firm’s strategy internally and externally to enable all employees, suppliers and contractors understand the firm’s strategic plan and how it carries out its overall goals.
• Drive decision making that creates medium and long term improvement for the firm.
• Manage and contribute significantly to the firm’s operations/ management, marketing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree in Law (LLB) is preferred or Bachelors degree in other social sciences. CIPM, CIPD is an added advantage.
• 5 – 6 years related work experience out of which a minimum of 3 years MUST have been in a partnership law firm (compulsory).
• Knowledge of Law Practice and Legal needs
• Ability to work with personnel at all levels
• Ability to work with all Partners in the firm
• Office Administrative skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Detail oriented
• Good interpersonal skills
• Innovative and analytical
• Good Leadership/Managerial Skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Results oriented
• Good numerical skills
• Diplomacy and tact
• Excellent computer skills
• Business acumen
• Analytical skills
• Ability to be discreet & handle sensitive information
APPLICATION & SALARY:
• Salary is between N250, 000 and N350, 000 monthly depending on experience.
• Forward all applications to ‘