Our client, based in Abuja, is looking for an additional Operations Manager for their Cleaning and Support Services (Landscaping, pitch maintenance) business.
Service delivery and client satisfaction
- Manage contracts in line with the Contract Specification.
- Arrange/attend Client meetings. Take minutes, notes and report back.
- Manage periodic works and one-off works related to your clients’ contracts.
- Manage your contracts within budget and manage sub-contractors.
- Ensure Quality Audits are performed as required.
- Respond positively to Quality Audits or client feedback.
- Ensure any new contracts are set up in accordance with the New Start Up procedure/Form of the contract. Work with the Projects & Implementation Manager.
- Ensure all data on the Client database for your contracts and those of your team is accurate and up to date liaising with the Operations Administration Manager as necessary.
- Be friendly, helpful and polite to any members of the public or clients you come in contact with.
- Be aware of sales opportunities.
- Provide quotes for one off jobs or additional services with the Managing Director guidance.
Managing and developing teams
- Induct and follow probationary process for new staff and undertake exit interviews when staff leave.
- Allocate tasks and work schedules to staff on your contracts.
- Monitor and be responsible for the work of Site Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Cleaning Operatives on your contract.
- Undertake 1-2-1’s, giving feedback, identifying training needs, providing development and training opportunities, liaising with Management about any training you are unable to deliver personally.
- Support, mentor and train those reporting to you. Maintain training record database.
- Ensure all employees who you are responsible for use equipment and materials correctly.
- Hold staff/team briefings as required by Directors.
- Manage attendance, disciplinary and grievance matters effectively.
- Maintain a smart and professional appearance at all times, ensuring your staff do likewise.
- Handle holiday requests from staff and ensure that there is sufficient cover.
- Liaise with the Operations Director and HR Manager about any staffing issues.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring all staff are fully trained and all legal and Company guidelines are observed.
- Ensure all tasks are adequately risk-assessed and findings communicated to employees.
- Ensure that only authorized and correctly labelled chemicals are used. Chemicals must only be used in accordance with the relevant COSHH information.
- Take responsibility and protect the safety and well-being of yourself, the employees in your care and anyone who might be affected by your duties.
- Ensure you understand the health and safety training you have been given and seek advice and verification of any points you are unclear of.
- Ensure hours worked/delivered on your contracts are accurately recorded.
- Check that all paperwork has been completed and gathered.
- Ensure all team members comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with the Environment Policy and the Company’s commitment towards protecting the environment whilst at work.
- Observe and manage our strict NO SMOKING policy
- Carry out all tasks assigned to you in a professional manner.
- Comply with all reasonable requests made by your Manager.
- Assist your colleagues with investigations & disciplinary matters.
- Attend all required training.
- Make suggestions for improvements.
- Communication & presentation skills.
- Conflict handling – staff and client.
- Customer service.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Health & Safety.
- Intimate understanding of Contract Specifications.
- Knowledge of the cleaning industry and good practices.
All application should be sent to Abuja@HRLeverageafrica.com