- The role of Inside Sales Representative is designed to grow volume and revenue to increase Maersk Line share of wallet in line with commercial direction through efficient phone selling focusing on building relationship with customers.
- The role manages sales pipeline for own accounts and ensures accurate forecasting while taking ownership of assigned accounts with a view to developing them.
- Grow and maintain existing accounts.
- Clearly map stakeholders and understand their needs.
- Customer relationship management.
- Schedule and execute customer phone meetings and customer meetings.
- Attract and develop new customers.
Yield – Including Demurrage and detention:
- Create and manage specific customer plans allowing Maersk Line to maximize its yield potential.
- Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant information to trade team and Sales Manager.
- Proactively assist Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively.
Value Selling through Pipeline Management:
- Use Market Mapping to identify total potential volume for the customer.
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking Maersk Line differentiators to customer’s pains/needs.
- Actively use Maersk Line CRM tool (salesforce.com).
Sales Meetings/Activity Management:
- Spend 4 days per week planning, preparing and completing quality sales calls for own portfolio applying input from TNM.
- Follow the Sales Essentials principles.
- Actively promote ECommerce channels.
- Grow and up-sell to existing accounts, focusing on growth and profitability.
- Successfully manages negotiation process.
- Leverages internal and external financial data to build winning strategies and understand account economics.
We are looking for:
- 2 years of Commercial experience (FMCG, Logistic, Shipping industry).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in Hausa Language.
- Thoroughly understands customer drivers, needs and requirements.
- Delivers the right offer.
- Capable of overcoming objections.
- Asks for the business and closes the sale.
- Has strong knowledge about ML products, markets and industry trends.
- Continued use of Value Selling skills, tools and techniques.
- Strong ability to develop winning customer value propositions.
- Builds and executes winning account strategies.
- Actively manages call flow.
- Capable of building solid rapport over the phone.
- Builds and maintains a strong network of customers.
- Good communicator.
- We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques.
- You will have a chance to focus on creating valuable relationships with our current and new customers.
To apply for this job please visit