The Africa Infrastructure team is seeking an Investment Officer for our office in Lagos, Nigeria. The selected candidate will report to the New Business Manager Infrastructure, Southern Africa, Nigeria and East Africa.
- Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable projects in Nigeria anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge; synthesize information into internal reports for decision-making purposes.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new debt and equity transactions, portfolio restructurings, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Deliver all transactions and accountabilities of the role efficiently, on a timely and expeditious basis and using best practice standards.
- Contribute to drafting strategies for sectors, countries, or regions for business development; and develop and execute strategies for more complex client engagements with the objective of building a robust investment pipeline.
- Support World Bank and MIGA colleagues on sector reform and unblocking constraints to attracting private sector capital.
- Mentor and coach less-experienced colleagues to help build talent and grow the skill base of staff.
- Master’s degree in finance or similar relevant education.
- 10 – 12 years of experience with a development finance institution, a commercial bank, an international financial institution or a private equity firm with tasks related to private sector financing.
- Proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing private investment projects in infrastructure sectors, ideally including investments in Africa.
- Strong business development and client relationship skills demonstrated by track record; sound business judgment in screening and identifying leads.
- Deep industry and market knowledge of at least one infrastructure sector (energy & electricity, telecommunications, transportation, water & and sanitation, natural resources); telecoms experience is a plus; understanding of infrastructure challenges faced by countries within the region.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials
- Project finance and equity investment experience is essential; strong credit skills backed by references and deal sheet; demonstrated ability to structure complex debt and equity transactions.
- Track record of portfolio supervision of complex projects.
- The position requires regional and international travel; hence the candidate should be willing and open to travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; French is a plus.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
How To Apply
See full information here; https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2011299299