Investment Banking – ANALYST FOR CAPITAL MARKETS is Needed in Lagos by UC. United Capital is a fair and equal opportunities employer; all applications are welcome regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin or religious belief. We also believe in liberty of labour and seek to retain talent and foster employee loyalty through the uniqueness of the work environment we create and the opportunities for growth, leadership and career advancement that we offer.
United Capital is seeking to recruit passionate, experienced and competent individuals to fill vacancies within our Trustees business. You will assist the team in all United Capital Securities marketing and relationship management efforts.
- You will support the Capital Market team in sourcing of clients, raising capital and providing counsel to all parties in an investment interchange.
Location: Lagos, but with some travel
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse client’s debt and equity portfolio and capital structure and assess alternative structures (funding strategies) to reduce the client’s cost of debt and/or increase its financial flexibility.
- Monitor and evaluate capital market conditions and make proposals for optimal financing vehicles.
- Prepare complex quantitative analysis, create pricing models and evaluate strategies/alternatives in support of the issuance of long term debt and/or equity.
- Participate in the management and development of the department by carrying out marketing and proposal efforts
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various industries, as well as monitor the economy to determine its effect on capital raising.
- Coordinate the end-to-end capital raising process (public offers, private placements, commercial papers etc) from the preparation of offer documents to the collation of returns/allotments.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and other professionals in the offer process such as accountants, bankers, lawyers and media practitioners.
- Oversee the printing and distribution of offer documents.
- Supervise the return of monies in the event of oversubscription and the distribution of certificates.
- Conduct in-depth sector research.
- Other duties as assigned
- Good knowledge of debt and equity investment.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of debt sourcing to make accurate and timely decisions.
- Must have a good knowledge of the operations of relevant regulatory authorities such as SEC and NSE.
- Good appreciation of the processes involved in packaging an offer.
- Possession of strong analytical skills including financial statement analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients and third-party vendors.
- Good business, marketing and relationship management skills.
- First degree or its equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum of one (1) years cognate experience.
- Appropriate post-graduate or professional qualifications such as an MBA, CFA, MSC in Finance or ACA would be beneficial.
Applicants should please firstname.lastname@example.org and Also Upload CV and Cover Letter Below