TM, RISK MANAGEMENT is Needed in Lagos by UC. United Capital is a fair and equal opportunities employer; all applications are welcome regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin or religious belief. We also believe in liberty of labour and seek to retain talent and foster employee loyalty through the uniqueness of the work environment we create and the opportunities for growth, leadership and career advancement that we offer.
United Capital is seeking to recruit passionate, experienced and competent individuals to fill vacancies within our Trustees business. You will assist the team in all United Capital Securities marketing and relationship management efforts.
- The successful candidate will support the Risk Manager in developing, updating and implementing the firm’s risk management framework.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.
- Assist in the development and management of processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Assist with monitoring and management of Enterprise, Market, Operational and Liquidity risk in accordance with the firm’s risk appetite.
- Co-ordinate with Compliance/AML and internal audit to ensure that full testing and compliance with all risk management procedures is effective throughout the firm
- Support the preparation and update of Board Risk Policies, as and when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of the capital market
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Team Player
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Consistent drive to succeed
- The ability to perform under pressure within time constraints
- Maintain high standards of personal integrity
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills are required.
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate technical positions
- Bachelor’s degree in numerate discipline is required.
- Must have between 1-2 years experience in Risk Management, Finance or Actuarial Management.
- Appropriate post-graduate or professional qualifications such as an MSc. or ACA would be beneficial