Group – TM, INTERNAL CONTROL (TMIC001)
- You will support the Team Lead in building a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions. In addition to this, you will also build strong awareness in staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for fraud, error, unreviewed transactions and income leakages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure prompt and effective daily call over of Finance & Operations transactions.
- Review of Security and Treasury Trades
- Carry out security sweep at least once in a month.
- Daily review of edits on customer account
- Income review.
- Carry out daily pre-disbursement review
- Review of Fixed Asset Register
- Carry out statutory remittance review
- Review of users’ profile on software.
- Review Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Ensure Cleanliness and Integrity of all GL accounts in the businesses through review of proof of accounts
- Rendition of Weekly and Monthly Exception Reports to the Head Internal Control.
- First level Investigation of Customer Complaints, fraud and other process failure
- Cash advance review
- Custody, proper safe keeping and archiving of called over Transaction Tickets
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of the capital market
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Team Player
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Consistent drive to succeed
- The ability to perform under pressure within time constraints
- Maintain high standards of personal integrity
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills are required
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate technical position
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Must have between 1-2 years’ experience in cognate field. Appropriate post-graduate or professional qualifications such as an MSc. in Finance or ACA would be beneficial