About the company.
Our client is changing the way people think about access to safe drugs. They are thinking about the future, too with autonomous bot and drone-based deliveries to ensure essential medical supplies are available where needed 24/7.
The Fleet Operations & Logistics Officer role is a unique opportunity to lead the fleet operations development and expansion of the company and develop relationships with our dispatch riders, fleet-side vendors, wholesalers and customers.
- Help expand our geographical footprint in Nigeria by leading the development of fleet operations on a city-by-city basis across Nigeria.
- Expansion Planning: taking into account the economic and strategic benefits, build the optimal delivery fleet operations selection for each city in a manner that optimizes the right mix and number of delivery vans, bikes and relevant vehicles per wholesaler and customers to be served per sales territory
- Fleet Dispatch Riders Growth: Grow number of fleet dispatch riders on the platform, manage their training and development, monitor their performance to ensure positive unit economics per rider and ensure high-quality experiences on the company’s system to provide the most reliable drug delivery service in any
- Data and insight: Find key opportunities to help improve local city operations by surfacing key insights and wins from customers, and then work to implement and execute these
- Develop & Optimize Processes: our is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
- Ownership: Take ownership of our fleet operations growth, and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Develop Financing Plan: To ensure the company and riders can earn from the delivery fee while paying the costs to acquire the delivery vehicle
- Analyze and Propose Delivery Fee Pricing: Analyze the profitability per delivery mile and customer willingness to pay and propose pricing and price share for delivery fees
- Set up fleet maintenance system: Set up and implement fleet maintenance system that riders and sales team adhere to in order to ensure optimal longevity and performance of vehicles
- Relationships with vendors: Set up low-cost long-term advantage relationships with fuel and automotive workshops per city we operate in so as to ensure high quality fueling and maintenance of fleet
- Build Operations Team: Lead hiring and training of operations department team to ensure the right level of staffing to drive operations work
- Recovery system: Develop and implement vehicle recovery system that ensures recovery and retrieval of vehicles from accidents and seizure sites
- Implement insurance and registration: Ensure insurance and government registration documents are set up and up to date per vehicle
- Salary: 150,000 (plus other benefits)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics and operations management with a tech- enabled logistics or delivery or ride-hailing company
- in a relevant field is a MUST and an MBA in operations management is an added advantage
- Must have worked or have the understanding of Fleet system on-demand g., gokada, bolt, uber and the likes
- Excellent communication and management
- You have the ability to build strong relationships and go the extra mile to help grow the operations fleet and ensure optimal performance to achieve profitability and customer satisfaction
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Knowledge of SQL is an advantage
- You have a creative mindset and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical
- Capacity for hard work, self-starter, ability to work alone and be self-driven and take initiative.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to send resume to:
With the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Salary Range 150,000 - 200,000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5