We are looking for a competent Maintenance Supervisor to manage maintenance in our facilities.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising, mentoring and training technical staff and ensuring the smooth running of the estate facilities and equipment including repair operations.An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail.
This candidate must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical works, etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition always.
- i. Minimize severity or frequency of accidents of contractors and maintenance personnel through risk identification process.
- ii. Review weekly maintenance schedule.
- iii. Review and assign work to maintenance employees.
- iv. Complete maintenance jobs in accordance with the highest standards of efficiency.
- v. Streamline associated repair costs and job execution.
- vi. Ensure prompt repairs by responding to emergency breakdowns.
- vii. Supply reporting to the Facility Manager on repair jobs including consumption of tools, materials, man hours and skills.
- viii. Ensure accurate recorded histories in work order completions.
- ix. Report maintenance performance during major overhauls.
- x. Develop and execute training plan for maintenance workers.
- xi. Make sure that maintenance jobs are in accordance with all legislated regulations.
- xii. Promote communication as well as good relations between the residents and the maintenance team.
- xiii. Ensure housekeeping, productivity, and quality of work standards are maintained, most especially within the team
- xiv. Aim and strive to achieve 98% reliability on all maintenance jobs.
- xv. Investigate, provide and implement corrective measures for near misses and all safety incidents.
- xvi. Responsible for the reliability and maintenance of all plant equipment
- xvii. Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- xviii. Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers, masons etc.)
- xix. Inspect and maintain estate infrastructure & equipment (security, sewage, water, power, etc.)
- xx. Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- xxi. Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- xxii. Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- xxiii. Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS.
Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
ii. Strong technical knowledge of all building/facility systems (electrical, mechanical, etc.)
iii. Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
iv. Understanding of budgeting and performance management
v. Excellent planning and leadership abilities
vi. Ability to prioritize workload, to work under pressure with a high level of organizational proficiency and initiative
vii. Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office and database packages; experience of accurate data entry
viii. Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
ix. Good attention to detail and ability to follow estate procedures
x. The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the Estate. Excellent telephone manners, common sense and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
ii. Ability to write clear,
informative, customer & client focused letters in a style appropriate to the reader
iii. Ability to work effectively as part of a team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
i. Degree in Engineering or Certificate from a vocational school
ii. Minimum of 2-5 years working experience.
HOW TO APPLY ‘
Interested candidates are required to forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org