We seek to hire a Digital Producer/Editor. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the production of original video, audio, and written content. This person should also have a deep understanding of video as well as text and image editing chops. The preferred candidate should be able to produce packages quickly and direct both on and off-site shoots. An ideal candidate would have a strong background as a shooter/producer.
Experience with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred. Content writing/Creation
Experience working in a deadline oriented environment focused on quick turnarounds required.
Experience in mentoring emerging producers required.
The job location is in Lekki, Lagos and this position requires the candidate live within the city.
• Leads production teams in the creative development, production, preparation, and delivery of original segments for broadcast, digital video, and social media channels.
• Ensures the selection of content and highlights are consistent with our viewer trends ability to drive content to where the audience is while applying sound editorial judgment.
• Fully understand the technical process in which our content is delivered to our fans and have the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems.
• Produces and assembles production elements for on-line features and teases.
• Prepares scripts and timings for sophisticated program elements.
• Performs pre-and-postproduction digital video editing and ‘voice over’ sessions
• Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs to create informative, compelling and feasible segments or original programs for digital media.
• Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned programs; determines the agenda and tone of the segment.
• Coordinates with the editorial staff to write compelling stories.
• Applies considerable knowledge of story ideas and develops concepts to use for assigned segments.
• Leads or participates with assigned multimedia production team(s) in the creative development, production and preparation of multimedia features, either for online, marketing/sponsorship or other emerging technologies within the Digital Media space i.e. mobile, downloadable audio and audio-visual broadcasts.
• Mentors less experienced members of the team.
• Oversees or participates in in-house post-production activities.
• May acquire available video content for use by sites.
• Edits available footage for insertion into sites and stories.
Edits and approves News articles for online platform
• At least 5 years of progressively complex related digital media, studio or related production experience.
• Degree with emphasis on Digital Media production preferred or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of digital video production related techniques and on-line content management systems.
• Must be proficient in on-line editing and ENG Camera.
• Has an established ability to create and produce compelling news stories; generates and executes story ideas, from concept to execution.
• Has excellent production skills related to livestreaming and capturing events
• Has solid appreciation of popular culture, e.g., “what’s cool” and assists with defining the tastes of our viewers.
• Has a strong appreciation and knowledge of Business, news and tourism
• Has understanding of the social web, including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Well versed in memes
• Experience in running productions on location
• A degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ post NYSC professional experience.
if you qualify for this position, Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and also apply below