Africa’s leading digital logistics pioneer, Kobo360, has many job openings for Data Science Engineer . We are looking for brilliant people to join the KoboSquad as the mission of fixing logistics fiction in Africa expands. The call is simple: build and operate a Global Logistics Operating System (G-LOS). Kobo360, starting from Nigeria, has expanded into many markets in Africa. Backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the world including World Bank IFC, Kobo360 clients include Dangote Group, Olam, Flour Mill, Unilever, etc. We will be happy to have you in this business.
Data Science Engineer
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the company’s data with third-party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing the ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
Applications / submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.