A recycling and commodity trading company along Lagos Ibadan Expressway, is currently looking for a highly motivated and proactive individuals
Organizational Relationship: The job holder reports to the CEO
Job Summary: The Chief Financial Officer will be accountable for the financial operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and report accurate financial results.
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced in all aspects of financial management, capital raising, financial planning and analysis, and risk management.
- He/She must possess strong leadership skills and a forward-thinking mindset to support the company in the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Should have an excellent working knowledge of SAP ERP System.
- Should have an analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Should be able to manage a team of accountants
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chief Financial Officer will perform a wide range of responsibilities. These may include, but are not limited to:
Strategy, Planning, and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization about long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting, and payroll staff as required.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain the monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage the financial planning and analysis department. Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for the CEO and investors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and MBA is required
- ACCA or ICAN Required
- In-depth experience in the manufacturing industry is very critical
- 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a manufacturing company
- At least 15 years of accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, Taxation, etc.
- “Hands-On” ERP Systems Experience – SAP ByDesign preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Applications can be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com
Closing date: April 2nd 2021