- The BD Executive will manage the development of new business solutions for the company’s haulage and courier services in Abuja and its environs.
- He/She will be responsible for the management of all aspects of business development and marketing initiatives within the assigned territory.
- A proven history of high achieving performance in the courier sector is required with the expectation that the BD Executive will have a demonstrable history of onboarding and developing new business opportunities.
- The company has its own representation in multiple overseas territories which offers the BD Executive the opportunity to control cargo at the point of origin and final destination.
- Achieve and exceed period targets
- Maximize revenue through increased sales activities for new and existing clients
- Responsible for self-generating and qualifying leads from a variety of sources as well as appointments with potential customers and stakeholders
- Develop and deliver presentation to customers and other stakeholders
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current clients while attracting new ones.
- Winning Accounts
- Identifying, following up and closing new business leads
- Pitching services to corporate organizations
- Develop and maintain database of prospects and clients on behalf of the Company
- Maintain a healthy funnel of opportunities to be closed monthly.
- Achieve territory’s assigned revenue and gross profit budget on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- First degree in a relevant course
- Must be resident in Abuja
- Previous business development experience within the haulage/ courier/ transportation/banking industry.
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Excellent communication and influential skills
- Must be able to constantly seek new opportunities
- You will be expected to service the needs of existing customers ensuring all aspects of their needs is being
- Proven and verifiable track records of wining pitches and new businesses.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position as subject of the email.
Note: We are unable to accept applications from candidates without international courier or freight forwarding experience.