United Capital is seeking to recruit passionate, experienced and competent individuals to fill vacancies within our Trustees business.United Capital is a fair and equal opportunities employer; all applications are welcome regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin or religious belief. We also believe in liberty of labour and seek to retain talent and foster employee loyalty through the uniqueness of the work environment we create and the opportunities for growth, leadership and career advancement that we offer.
Interested applicants should please read and send a resume and cover letter quoting applicable reference number below to:
- Reporting directly to the MD, Advisory Business, you will be expected to support all of the marketing initiatives of the team as well as perform fundamental financial, business analysis and valuation of companies.
- In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing mergers and acquisitions from the initial contact all the way to the finalization of the transaction.
Location: Lagos, but with some travel
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support all of the marketing initiatives of the team.
- Prepare presentation materials including situation updates, company profiles, industry overviews and valuation presentations for buy side/sell side pitches.
- Create a prospects list by researching and prospecting M&A targets within specified sectors
- Develop and periodically review methodology for identifying prospective M&A deals
- Identify acquisitions and divestitures opportunities for clients and determine financial impact of transactions.
- Liaise with the legal and other relevant work streams to ensure seamless execution of transactions
- Provide expert advisory services in respect to mergers and acquisitions, privatisation and financial restructuring projects
- Oversee and conduct meetings and relevant reviews
- Play an active role in negotiating all transactions between the business and interested parties
- Develop detailed financial models and valuation analysis for all potential transactions and provide input into the preparation of technical reports
- Manage the day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting.
- Stay current on legislations governing mergers and acquisitions within the United Capital’s jurisdiction, ensuring that all of the business’s M&A initiatives are within the confines of the law.
- Coordinate and implement due diligence for potential transactions
- Efficiently manage prospect pipelines in order to produce and surpass expected results
- Preparation of financial models, projections, and merger analyses
- Perform client due diligence as well as perform fundamental financial, business analysis and valuation of companies
- Provide financial analysis including the financial information about industry participants and financial capacity of potential acquirers or competitors for a business
- Oversee transactions from the initiation to final execution
- Other duties as assigned
- Valuation and modelling skills
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and in teams
- Understanding of accounting elements and be sufficiently familiar with the mergers and acquisitions regulations.
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a team interfacing with top company executives and senior management
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Effective process management abilities
- Enthusiastic, positive and hardworking attitude
- Exceptional computer modeling/Excel spreadsheet/Powerpoint/Word skills
Applicants should please firstname.lastname@example.org and Also Upload CV and Cover Letter Below